Evochron: Legacy's Ghost Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GHOST FLEET MEMBERSHIP REVIEWS
by Ghost Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:56 pm

» Operation Gateway
by Ghost Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:55 am

» 25 FEB - FLEET UPDATE
by Ghost Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:37 pm

» Maverick's Application
by Ghost Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:54 am

» Make tons of credits at Ghost Fleet HQ FDN
by Ghost Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:40 pm

» Sawbukks: Applcation
by Ghost Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:07 pm

» a lack of discord links
by Ghost Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:25 pm

» 29 JAN - FLEET UPDATE
by Ghost Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:12 pm

» Begginfokillz Application
by Ghost Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:45 pm

» Best Ship + Loadout in Game
by Ghost Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:47 pm

Awards and Accolades

2 posters

Go down

Awards and Accolades Empty Awards and Accolades

Post by Ghost Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:31 pm

*UPDATE* - Ghost Fleet Service Awards have since been instituted. Amendments and suggestions for new medals or awards may be made in this thread.

I am wanting to institute a system of awards and medals and whatnot that pilots of the Fleet can receive for meritorious achievement, so I'm looking for suggestions from you guys about actions and achievements that can be verified (say by screenshot or witness affirmation) that would be worthy of receiving an award, as well as ideas on how to implement the award system, possibly with actual in-game rewards (say a cargo bay full of metal or even a station hangar full for big awards and the like that the pilot can choose to build with or sell). As ideas pop up, I'm going to keep a running list here of awards and their criteria. Let the brainstorming begin.

Last edited by Sanctus on Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:30 pm; edited 6 times in total
Ghost
Ghost

https://ghostfleet.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Awards and Accolades Empty Re: Awards and Accolades

Post by Charger Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:13 am

Sounds like an excellent idea. I am not sure of how to implement rewards. If the winner doesn't have many cargo bays it could become tedious. Unless you can figure out how to access someone else's Hangar.
I have some ideas for the possible rewardable actions.
1. Scavenger Hunts, Races, Tournaments...
2. Claiming a number of undiscovered systems for Ghost Fleet.
3. Most kills in a battle as proven by Fore/Aft screenshots.
4. Magnanimous Tycoon. Someone who accumulates ridiculous amounts of a resource, and is also known to share freely.
5. Purple Hearts (for team battles), Heroic commendations for battle-changing actions.
6. General Influence. Pilot or pilots from each faction whose presence over the long term has a noticeable effect on the over-arching war, as evidenced by station proliferation, online presence and changes in region influence factors.
7. Recruiting.
8. Repeatedly rallying to aid Ghost Fleet in a region that is deemed strategically valuable to defend, by the faction's Ghost Fleet Officers or the pilot who then governs that region.
9. Organizing many events over time, like races, tournaments, scavenger hunts, and strategically significant team battles.
10. Rabble Rousing and Peace Making within the Ghost Fleet clan.
Charger
Charger

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:35 pm

Charger wrote:Sounds like an excellent idea. I am not sure of how to implement rewards. If the winner doesn't have many cargo bays it could become tedious.

I agree, that would only be valuable for builder/explorers. Perhaps we could revisit the rewards concept after we've established a list of medals first.

Charger wrote:1. Scavenger Hunts, Races, Tournaments...

These would be more event-related rewards, like trophies as opposed to medals, but I dig the direction your mind is pulling with that stuff. When the game population and our clan roster grows a bit more, these are definite winners. For now, I'm thinking more along the lines of an established set of basic medals we can institute in the short term, then perhaps allow to evolve as the clan does.

Charger wrote:2. Claiming a number of undiscovered systems for Ghost Fleet.

I think this would be feasible only if the systems met certain criteria, but this is a winner. Noted.

Charger wrote:3. Most kills in a battle as proven by Fore/Aft screenshots.

Even with screenshots, almost impossible to track, and 5/10 times trying to get the screenie will get you killed, lol.

Charger wrote:4. Magnanimous Tycoon. Someone who accumulates ridiculous amounts of a resource, and is also known to share freely.

Since resource accumulation is limited by station hangars, which are relative to the player, it would be difficult to track this as well. At least until some type of player exchange or group share system is implemented.

Charger wrote:5. Purple Hearts (for team battles), Heroic commendations for battle-changing actions.

Difficult to track also, but might be something we could revisit with more members later.

Charger wrote:6. General Influence. Pilot or pilots from each faction whose presence over the long term has a noticeable effect on the over-arching war, as evidenced by station proliferation, online presence and changes in region influence factors.

This would require one or more of us to actively track system influences, which unless we are in an active and organized campaign to conquer and occupy, would be a monumental chore. There are a few more I haven't addressed for the same reason, they center around having a more active player base with larger numbers, and are good ideas for future consideration. I like the way you're thinking big picture though.

Charger wrote:7. Recruiting

Absolutely.

Charger wrote:10. Rabble Rousing and Peace Making within the Ghost Fleet clan.

I was thinking of a few possibilities along these lines, like leadership and morale awards.

I like how you have your eye on the horizon, I can see big things in our future. Gotta take one step at a time, though.
Ghost
Ghost

https://ghostfleet.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum