Evochron: Legacy's Ghost Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GHOST FLEET MEMBERSHIP REVIEWS
by Ghost Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:56 pm

» Operation Gateway
by Ghost Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:55 am

» 25 FEB - FLEET UPDATE
by Ghost Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:37 pm

» Maverick's Application
by Ghost Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:54 am

» Make tons of credits at Ghost Fleet HQ FDN
by Ghost Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:40 pm

» Sawbukks: Applcation
by Ghost Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:07 pm

» a lack of discord links
by Ghost Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:25 pm

» 29 JAN - FLEET UPDATE
by Ghost Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:12 pm

» Begginfokillz Application
by Ghost Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:45 pm

» Best Ship + Loadout in Game
by Ghost Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:47 pm

Pilot Introductions

5 posters

Go down

Pilot Introductions Empty Pilot Introductions

Post by Ghost Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:27 pm

If you are new to Ghost Fleet, please take a moment to let us know a little about yourself. Who are you, where are you from, is Evochron:Legacy your first space sim, or are you a space game addict? Tell us something interesting about yourself.

In the spirit of fairness, I'll start.

My callsigns in-game are Ghost and SolarWarden. SolarWarden is also my username on the Star Wraith forum. LithiumFriction on Steam.

My space sim interest has always exceeded my experience, but I've put a lot of time in on PioneerScoutPlus, Starshatter and Star Conflict. Before that I played quite a bit of aviation games like Blazing Angels, OverGFighters, Battelstations, etc.   In real life I am an amatuer musician, I have been in eight bands and worked as a skate park supervisor, been a professional tattoo artist, piloted small engine aircraft, scuba dived the icy waters of Valdez, Alaska at night, hiked the Grand Canyon, and almost died in a kayak three times on the Chena River. I'm currently residing in the Southwest US trying my hand at writing science fiction novels and I believe life is a series of adventures to be discovered, which is why I'm drawn to open world space games. I have a good deal of experience in founding and maintaining gaming clans, some successful, others not. Hopefully Ghost Fleet will prove to be the former.

Look for me in game, I can usually be found somewhere between Lambda and Sapphire if I'm not exploring or running from missiles in war zones. I look forward to fairing the digital stars with all of you.

Last edited by Ghost on Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ghost
Ghost

https://ghostfleet.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Pilot Introductions Empty Re: Pilot Introductions

Post by Sinbad Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:55 pm

I go by the callsign Sinbad. I've been playing the Evochron games from Legends, Mercenary, and now Legacy. I love sci-fi and flight sims... but I don't have too much experience playing them, as I've never really had a good gaming rig. I'm currently learning DCS A-10c, so if anyone plays that and doesn't mind a noob tagging along LOL. Next year I'm hoping to get a decent gaming rig and start playing Star Citizen.

Originally from UK, in real life I'm an English teacher and Life Coach, travelling and working online. Currently in Colombia (South America), soon going to Spain.

If you see me online in the Evochron universe give me a shout... I always enjoy teaming up for some co-op play.

Sinbad

Back to top Go down

Post by Charger Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:46 am

My only space game experience before this comes from Endless Space and XCom: Enemy Unknown. My all time favorite games are Civ IV, Cities: Skylines, Baldur’s Gate, Chivalry MW, and Heroes & Generals. You might say I am out of my element here, but I’ve been looking for this game for a couple years. I’m really hoping we can help create some buzz and bring this thing to life.
  I live in the SW and work as a Substitute Teacher and Senior Cook at a junior college cafeteria. I am a writer and musician. I play guitar and sing in a community choir. I grew up in Valdez, Alaska and graduated from UAF with an interdisciplinary philosophy degree.
  Concerning my commitment to the FDN: Everywhere I look, ALC is creeping over the galaxy like some cosmic mold. What would you guys be without us? Just another FDN, that’s what. OK, got that out of the way. Seriously though, if it seems appropriate I would love to join up for some co-op action as an IND, if you will have me, at least until things pick up. I look forward to seeing you all out there, whatever the context! Don’t be surprised if I charge suicidal right at you and your legion.
P.S.   I wrote a “stellar” review on Steam for EL… bump it up or share it with your prospects if you think it will help.
Charger
Charger

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:23 am

Sinbad, that game sounds awesome. I was into aviation games before I discovered space sims. My father flew A-10s for the Air Force for over 10 years too. And Columbia, wow. I don't think I've ever left the U.S. unless it was going through Canada to and from Alaska.

Charger DUDE, I went to UAF for like 9 years, and played in a bunch of bands around there. I lived in Fairbanks for 14. We might know some of the same people. Small ass world.

And now that we're a split faction clan, there's enough love for ALC and FDN haha. I'll make some posts about that probably later today, I have some ideas about how to make it work.

Glad to see you guys posting in the forums and enjoying the game. We'll make this place a blast, it's just a matter of time!

Ghost
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by bra2s Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:35 am

Right... So... Here I am... My name is Sergei. But I am known as Bra2S over the net. That comes from my last name (Bratus), not the bra size lol. I am from Ukraine, Earth =) I am fond of sci-fi among many other things. I could tell you about my other interests but it would take like forever for me to type it and for you all to read it. So as to sci-fi my interests are: Star Wars, Dr Who, Stephen Hawking, Albert Einstein, Star Trek, A theory of a big bang (not the TV series), Theories about gravity and black holes, The Hubble Telescope, well... the last ones are not quite fiction, but anyways... I am fond of anything that explains or imagines the universe and its creation. I also approve the idea that Pluto should not be considered an 8th planet of the Solar System, as they say it is located in an area where there are lots of Pluto sized rocks.

My experience in space sims comes to Freelancer, Evochron (Mercenary and Legacy), and Elite Dangerous. IMHO these space sims are most close to 360 degree gameplay. I adore Freelancer for its story and missions. With mods like Crossfire it looks pretty much up to date. ED is cool because of its size, but it lacks some storyline, and the missions are too narrow... EL is technically and graphically outdated, but God it is 360!!! And I absolutely love it for this...

I am a philologist by education but I work in TV, advertising, and festival organisation sphere. Because of my job profile I have become a huge fan of Top Gear / The Grand Tour, and BBC production in general. Those guys are 100% etalons of making TV content. Also I am always open to people, I always like to make new acquaintances so I am very glad to be among you fellas... I beleive I have good sence of humour, so you will see me joking and fooling around a lot.

Viva La Ghost Fleet)))) Amen))))
bra2s
bra2s

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:25 pm

Hey Bra2s, great to have you in the Fleet! I had a blast in the TW PvP with ya, even though you blew my walker up! Wink Looking forward to more of that, well, except the blowing up part. Who's your favorite Doctor?
Ghost
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by bra2s Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:29 am

Favourite Doctor huh? I guess that would be the 10th (David Tennant) in terms of character and acting. But in terms of story I like the Pond's telling most of all and especially River Song's story. I dont like the latest 12th Peter Capaldi's Doctor pretty much to be honest, but latest seasons had a few epic episodes, and his companion Clara - damn she's hot lol. And she's the smartest among all other Doctor's chicks... So here it is. All about paradox and absurd, but how much philosophy does it sometimes contain. I mean the DW series in general... Well... What can I say... BBC... Etalons...

BTW I forgot to mention on Friday that I did some texture and sound mods for the EL game, so maybe you could create a separate thread for them or post a link to SeeJay's site where you can DL them. Unfortunately due to latest patches for the game some of the sounds are outdated and need reworking, but Im planning to do that when Im have a bit more free time...
bra2s
bra2s

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:06 am

David Tennant was the ONLY Doctor, if you ask me, and it doesn't get any hotter than Amy Pond, haha. I'll get a mods and code forum up for ya at some point today, it's a good idea.
Ghost
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by darklyt750 Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:42 pm

Well to start, I'm from California originally, and 3 years ago my wife and I moved to Utah, and it has been the best decision ever. We just had a baby girl almost 5 months ago who is absolutely perfect. A very easy baby to start parenting with Smile

My interest in space has been around as long as I can remember. Growing up science was my favorite subject and if you name a space game chances are I have played it. Although I have spend most of my space sim time playing KSP, Orbiter, Elite Dangerous and the X series.

I'm very excited to be apart of this up and coming clan and I look forward to flying with everyone! See you in the void

darklyt750

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:54 am

Congratz on the kiddo man, that's pretty amazing. It looks like your 2017 is slated to be pretty interesting, if anything. Keep that little girl warm and spoiled this year Wink It's good to have you with the Fleet, and I hope to run into you out amongst the stars soon.
Ghost
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by bra2s Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:35 am

Welcome aboard, darklyt!!! And congrats on all your changes for the better in life !

What is your Elite nickname and are you pro enough in this game to teach a noob how to make good money? Or do you know any good Elite Dangerous communities?
bra2s
bra2s

Back to top Go down

Post by darklyt750 Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:15 pm

I apologize for replying after so much time, I didn't get a notification that there were any replies.

My Elite Dangerous name is darklyt750, and the only advice I can give for money in that game is bounty hunting in resource extraction sites, some bounties offer 100k and there's a ton of ships to shoot.
And honestly after playing this I don't see myself going back to Elite for awhile, probably until they add multi crew and walking around inside ships lol.

Thank you all for the welcome

darklyt750

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down